Tuesday, April 16, 2013

You is Kind, You is Smart, You is Important

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Today while reading through my lists of blogs that I follow I stumbled upon this link up called "What My Loved Ones Say About Me." I have had so much fun clicking around and reading the one's posted so far. I quickly texted my 2 sisters and 5 of my girlfriends and I had 6 people respond so I am going to use them for now because I want to get this post uploaded, I will add in the rest if and when they come.

 
 
Jessi is my younger sister, and she has such a beautiful heart! She has Asperger's (a form of Autism) and is the reason that I got my degree in Special Education. She amazes me each and every day with her determination to not let life get in the way of doing what she loves.
 
"Everyone needs a Jenny in their life. She is someone who will always pick up and call you. she will listen to your problems then remind you that God is bigger then your problems. She will get on your case when you are doing something stupid or did something stupid. She cares for you by paying attention and listening to your life. And finally she is my bigger sister who has seen me since I was born and who has seen me overcome challenges that people wouldn't never imagine I could do. Jenny is someone whose heart is for God and he has a special person just waiting for her. I can't wait to see where life takes her next."
(I love that she put that God has someone waiting for me because as of now I am the only single child in my family. And it's funny because I am the one who wants to be a wife and mom more then anyone.)
 
Jessi is on the right :)
 
 
This is Juli, she is my youngest sister and so bright. I was 8 when she was born so I remember every thing about her coming into this world. She is going to be a doctor when she grows up and I am glad because if she becomes a pediatrician she can help take care of all my kids that I want haha.
 
"Jenny Jenny Jenny. Soooooo many things about her that I could name that make her awesome. But sadly, I am limited to 5. (thats my fault hehe sorry lil sis!) The first is Jenny's amazing ability to care. She is always a phone call away to listen and provide the best advice. If I ever need someone to cry to, I go to Jenny. She stays and listens. Another thing is Jenny's ability to make people laugh. She can put a smile on your face whenever you need one. Another thing is Jenny's straightforwardness. She tells you like it is, no ifs ands or buts. Another Jenny epicness is her shortness, which I know is weird to say. But her shortness doesn't get her down and makes it absolutely perfect when she has to be stern with someone taller then her. The last thing I am going to say is her passion for Jesus. You can tell she emits this vibe about how close she is with Christ and shes one of the best people to go to for Godly insight. And shes just Jenny. And her just being Jenny makes her awesome :)"

 
Juli is on the left...yes they are both taller then me haha
 
This is Lindsey my best friend and current roommate, we met when we were both at two different stages in life, luckily God brought us together and we became close about 2-3 years ago. She was the one who looked at me two years ago and said "I want to move to Atlanta" and after praying I agreed to go with. So glad that she listened to that call because here we are today and loving life! (Lindsey is very cut and dry and I love her for it so when I asked her to give me a few sentences she asked if she could just me adjectives, and of course I said yes!)

"Encouraging, Supportive, Caring, Kind"

This is when my hair was super super short and her hair was super black. We both look way different now.

This is Kasey, she was one of the first people I met here in Atlanta along with her roommate Hannah. My first memory of her was at church when I went in to be a door holder in Room 11 in the Bloom, I remember her energy being so amazing and knowing that I wanted to hang out with her. She has also already loss like 20+ pounds and looks amazing, I love having someone up here to journey towards healthy living with.

"Woman of God, strong, loving, faithful, loyal, and hysterical. Those are just a few words out of many that come to mind when thinking of Jenny. She is the kind of friend you want when the going gets tough and when there is wind in your hair a song up loud. Her amazing heart and mind are not to be forgotten. This girl, you want her on your team. (Seriously though she's competitive, You will win.) "


This is Mallory, I met her when I was in college. I really didn't think we would ever be friends unfortunately because of what different people said about her, but luckily we ended up at Bible study, church, and our college ministry together and became close. She is always a great encouragement to me and is usually the first person I tell when I do something healthy haha.

"Well, when I think of the name Jenny, I think of joy, loving, humble, and most of all carrying a big heart! You have the most beautiful heart and spirit out of anyone who I know. You put others before yourself and you always have a smile that turns any bad day to a brighter one. One of my favorite things about you however; is your contagious laugh. You make anyone in a room laugh with you."


 
 
This is my Abby, who I call Abigail, even though that is not her actual name. I met her in college to, she came in as a transfer student when I was a junior. I remember getting to know her and the conversation where we sat at Applebees and discussed me being her mentor, which I was so honored. We spent a lot of time together and have journeyed through a lot. I love her tons.
“Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.” C.S. Lewis
"When Jenny asked me to write something for her blog, I was incredibly honored and excited to do so. I sat in front of a blank computer screen, switched to the Notes app on my phone, then back to the computer. I couldn’t understand why it was so hard for me to complete a thought or type a sentence. Then, it hit me. Jenny is much more than what a few sentence can describe or even hint at. She’s a friend, a role model, and an inspiration. She’s a comedian, a comforter, and a loyal companion on adventures. She’s the constant when everything falls apart, and she’s the party when everything’s going just right. No words can’t do her justice because I think we can all agree that love, grace, and mercy aren’t things to be described, they are things to be lived and breathed every day. "




I love these ladies all so much, and their kind words made me tear up well because I always cry haha. I love doing life with them even though two live no where near me. This link up is fantastic, thank you so much to From Mrs. to Mama for putting it on.

Jenny


1 comment:

  1. I love that you did this about your family/friends. All the posts were about peoples husbands and I was like well I can't do this I'm single! Great job at figuring out a loophole!!

    ReplyDelete