Friday, April 19, 2013

Cinnamon Swirl Bread

So sometimes I get this brilliant idea that I am going to take so many pictures and blog about something that I cook or bake. I always have the best intentions going into it but then by the time the item is done and I am eating it I realize that I have taken 2 pictures and that's it. This is what happened with the cinnamon swirl bread that I made for the kids.

I took all of three pictures and non of when I was actually making it so I am going to leave the recipe here and post the few pictures I took and let you know that this bread will change your life, if you like cinnamon because if you don't then it will not help you at all.

I got my recipe from here, I don't make that many changes and this is a very simple bread to make as long as you have time. I have copy and pasted the recipe below so that you don't have to click on the link if you don't want to. There is cinnamon and sugar in the bread dough to make it that much better.

Prep Time: 2 hours

Cook Time: 45 minutes

Total Time: 2 hours, 45 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 package active dry yeast
  • 3/4 cup warm water
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 3 cups flour
  • 2 tbsp butter, softened
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon

Preparation:

  1. In small saucepan, warm milk and 1 tbsp butter until butter is melted. Set aside until lukewarm.

  2. In small bowl, mix water and yeast until yeast is dissolved.

  3. In large bowl, add 2 tbsp sugar, salt, and 1 tsp cinnamon. Pour in lukewarm milk and butter. Mix until sugar and salt is dissolved. Stir in yeast and water.

  4. Mix in 2-1/2 cups flour. Turn out onto floured board and knead in the remaining half cup of flour or until the dough is soft and smooth.

  5. Put dough in greased bowl and turn dough so that the top is greased. Cover and let rise in warm place for about 60 minutes, or until double in size.

  6. Punch down dough with your fist. Turn dough out onto floured board and knead for about 1 minute.

  7. Roll dough out into a basic rectangular shape. Use a butter knife or fingers to spread 2 tbsp softened butter on the top of rectangular dough. Evenly spread about 2 tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon on top of butter.

  8. Roll up dough and form into 1 loaf. Put into buttered bread pan. Cover and let rise until double in size, about 30 minutes.

  9. Preheat oven 375 degrees F.

  10. Score dough by cutting three slashes across the top with a sharp knife. Put in oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.

  11. Turn out bread and let cool on a rack or dishtowel.

The hardest part is waiting for it to cool, which I never do and the kids weren't about that life at all so we cut right into it even though it falls apart, but I think that's what we like most.

You can also make some icing to go with it or like we do in our house melt even more butter on top in the microwave.



 
I wish blogs had a scent button where I could harness this smell and you click on the picture and it comes out to you, guess you just have to make it to find out for yourself :)
 
Jenny 

No comments:

Post a Comment