Thursday, April 4, 2013

Butterfly Craft

Joing Katie @ Keep Calm and Carry On and Steph @ Beautiful Mess for Saw It, Pinned It, Did It!

I just love love love this link up, it helps keep me on my toes about actually doing the things that I pin.

Last week my boss had to do what is called Curriculum Corner where she gets to go in and do a project with her daughters Kindergarten class. I am always on Pinterest and my boss always asks me what new things I am doing with the kids, so when these projects come up I get to decide what she is going to do and arrange it all. And I love it! We work really well together as a team and I just love that she lets me do stuff like this as my job!

I had come across this pin a time before ad knew that it would be fairly simple to pull off but decided to try it with my kids before I sent it off with my boss.



I gathered all of the supplies and set everything out at the table and sent the kids to wash their hands and get ready for a craft, which always makes them just light up!



Basically war you do is flatten a coffee filter and then let the kids watercolor on it, I had to stress to them that it was thin thin paper and they couldn't soak it or it could ruin. They did fantastic d were very careful as try painted. We waited for them to dry and when they were done we folded the accordion style and got the pipe cleaners ready. You cut the pipe leaders in half and then fold and twist it towards the middle. Then you stick the filter already folded up through the loop you made and tighten the cleaner to hold it into place. I fanned it out and bent the top of the cleaners to look like antenna. The kids loved it so much and I taped them to our window. We made a sign that said Welcome Spring even though it has been in the 40s and 50s recently.


























It was a successful craft and my boss said it went well in the classroom.

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment