Tuesday, March 19, 2013

First Things First

Since I am new to this whole blogosphere I am doing the best I can to keep with some of the best and I know that Halie over at Penguins, Pasta, and Polka Dots definitely is one of those! I met her in college when she was the co-president of CRU (Campus Crusade for Christ), I eventually took that role from Halie and Emily and loved what they helped to cultivate at Flagler College in St Augustine. She is doing this awesome link up called First Things First.

 
 
 1. First Ever Blog Post - My first ever blog post was on January 27, 2011. It was called The Basics of My New Job and was basically a post to keep family and friends updated after recently moving here to Atlanta. Looking back at it now and re-reading it, it's crazy to see how far I have come because these are not just the kids I watch any more. I have been with them for a year and almost three months and this is my family now, and I wouldn't change anything for the world.
2. First Ever Comment on Your Blog - I'm pretty sure my first comment came from my friend Danielle who has a blog called These Things I'll Never Say it was a really sweet comment on my post about Being Honest about my weight and where I am right now and the journey I am partaking on to be healthier, and making better decisions. It was really encouraging.
 





 
3. First Ever Blog-Friends or Friends - So I haven't been at this long so I have not really made a "blog-friend" yet but I am sure it will come soon enough. I love meeting new people and usually end up meeting some of my best friends in the most random places. My first ever friend, friend that I can remember and still am in contact with is one of my best friends, Anna who is now married with three kids (crazy!). I met her at church when I was in 1st grade and she was two years older then me. Our families both have 4 children and we did a lot of things together and it wasn't unusual to have 10 people for dinner on a given night. I was blessed enough to be in her wedding back in 2007 and watch as her 3 children grow up. We don't live close but any chance we get, we see each other as often as possible.


1 comment:

  1. Yay Jenny! Your first link up! And I'm glad it's mine :) And going back to re-read my old stuff is one of the main reasons that I blog about my every day life. I love re-living some of those memories, and one day, super far down the road, I'll be sooo glad that I can look back on this time in my life, because I documented it all on my blog!

    ReplyDelete