Friday, March 29, 2013

Big Steps

To say this week has been all over the place is an understatement. I have not had so many ups and downs in one week in a long time. Needless to say I am thrilled to see Friday! Last night was the first time that when I was upset rather angry about something, instead of turning to food I decided to go out and walk. I ended up running as much as I could and walking the rest. I did that for about 45 minutes and decided it was probably best to head back home because it was already 11:30pm. After I got home and did my nigh time routine, I plopped down in bed and just felt so much better about myself. Usually I would have gotten in my car and taken a trip down to any of the goof Ole faithfuls and hit up as much food as I could afford come home and eat it, feel like crap, and go to bed. Not satisfied with what I had just done. Last night gave me a glimpse of what it could be like if instead of grabbing something to eat I just go out and walk. It helps me calm down and allows me to pray and clear my mind. I was definitely in a much better mood by the time I ended up back home. I feel like now I have had a taste it will help me make better choices when things I can't control try to get in the way.

So here's to High Five for Friday with Lauren over at From My Grey Desk Blog.




























Sorry this pictures are all over the place and not lined up neatly!!!

1. I hiked Kennesaw Mountain this weekend, 1 mile up and 1 mile down. I loved it! I am probably obsessed now and will attempt to do this every Saturday!

2. The kids and I made funnel cakes for a fun afternoon activity since it was so cold outside. They loved it and I did too!!

3. This is my roommates dog Milo, you will probably see a lot of him on here. I walk with him as much as I can and he is just about the coolest ever. This night we walked for 30 minutes and then both went home and crashed on the couch.

4. With the mom I nanny out of town for the Easter party for her youngest at preschool I was in charge of doing the craft, this is what I found and came up via Pinterest. The kids all loved it, I mean who doesn't love playing with paint.

5. This is my friend Hannah's puppy Moxie. I visited her the day she brought her home and now I end up down there about once a week. She loves me so much and just cries and jumps all over the place the moment I step in the door. She is getting soooo big too. I just love puppies :)

It's Easter weekend and I am really excited because this time last year I knew no one here in Atlanta but this year I know a ton of people and even have a place to spend Easter since my family is all in Florida. Definitely looking forward to it!

Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter! Very cute craft project! And great job on choosing a walk over food... I STRUGGLE with that as well. I'm such a stress eater.

    ReplyDelete