Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Can We Be Honest Here

Hi.
My name is Jenny
I love Jesus
I'm almost 23
I nanny three beautiful children
I live near Atlanta
I am on Pinterest more then I should be
I like to sing the instrumentals in a song more then the words
I knit, sew, craft, cross stitch, and cook
My heart flutters at the sight of a shooting star
I own 12 pairs of Toms Shoes
I am 5 foot 4
I currently weigh 212 pounds
My BMI is 36.4
I am considered obese.

If I were to say that I don't know how I got here I would be lying. Plenty of trips to the drive thru and times spent catching up on Grey's Anatomy rather then cooking and taking a walk. What started as a bet with my two best friends to lose some weight and win an outfit from Forever 21 has turned into a real self evaluation and realization that I am not healthy. I weighed in initially at 216 pounds and in the last two and a half weeks I have lost about 3ish pounds putting me at 212.5 as of right now. My weigh in days are Thursday which is today technically since it's 1:27 am.... My goal weight is 140 pounds which puts me at losing around 75 pounds. I have not given myself a time limit because I want to be able to work it off slowly and in a healthy way. So I guess here is to new things, healthier things. Thank you for joining me on my journey and I am sure there will be ups and downs all over the place, but in the end it will be worth it.

Here is my starting picture I took last week.

 
 
Here's to a new adventure :)
 
Jenny 

3 comments:

  1. For the record, I think you're beautiful. But I am so proud of you, Jenny <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I love it when my "real life friends" have blogs, so I'm glad I saw yours today! (I noticed I gained a new follower overnight, and normally I wouldn't check who it was, but I did today and it was YOU!!)
    2. I am so excited for you to start this journey! You've probably seen that I'm on the same journey too. And we're pretty similar. My highest was 227 when I graduated almost three years ago. I've yo-yo'ed with it since then, but in January I was back up to 217. Today, I'm down to 195.5 again, and my short term goal is 188 by April 3. You can read a ton more about it on my blog of course :)
    3. If you need any "advice" or encouragement, please feel free to chat with me about it! I'm not an expert, but I'm trying to figure out what works, and I actually do love talking with others about their journey's too!
    4. Good luck girl! I know how focused and determined you can be, so I'm sure this will be no different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halie you are part of the reason that I have decided to actively start blogging. I read your blog often and dont know why I didnt start following you until just last night! You are definitely an inspiration and I am so excited to watch you on this journey as I go along as well :)

      Delete