Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday - Week 1

 
 
WEEK 1
 
button
 
 
Today is my first official Weigh In Wednesday Link Up with Erin over at She's A Big Star and Alex over at The Skinny Jean Pilgrimage
 
This week has been a pretty good week, it was not my best week ever and I was not actually expecting a loss, due to an episode that involved an entire dinner portion of Hibachi Teriyaki Chicken on Monday. Every day I attempt to go ahead and plan out on my My Fitness Pal app what I am going to eat for all of my meals and snacks, it really keeps me on track and allows me to see what I can and can't have as far as snacks go. Because I weigh in on Wednesday it means that Tuesdays are usually big workouts and low calorie days for me. Yesterday I went on a run attempt to improve my mile time (I didn't but I was only slower by 4 seconds so I'll take that!) and then I went to my apartment complexs' gym as soon as I pulled in to find this beauty waiting for me. I was just in this same gym on Sunday and this machine was not in there. So either it was getting fixed or it's a new machine. Either way I am just glad because it stands for a fantastic workout. I put in about 20 minutes and burned around 200 calories and was very satisfied.
 
I woke up today and went to the bathroom (routine before getting on the scale just in case I can lose .1 or .2 extra pounds hehe) and then got my phone ready to take a picture as I stepped on the scale. I was a little shocked because I was not expecting to lose anything, but to my surprise I was down .2 lbs since the last time I weighed in which was Saturday I think. When I started this whole journey I weighed about 216.3 lbs so that brings my total to 5.3 lbs lost since the beginning. I will take that for now!
 
I mentioned in an earlier blog post about my love for Pinterest and how I use to help aide in my weight loss journey. While I was on it the other day just scrolling through the health and fitness section as I often do when I have spare time I passed across this article on Spark People called 8 Reasons Why You're Not Losing the Weight . It was a really good article and the first thing it mentioned was eating the calories you burned....ooo that hits right to the heart. I am definitely one of those that however many calories I get, I eat. I love to eat, obviously this is where I got myself into trouble growing up. So this article struck a chord and I realized that I can eat just the calories I am allotted a day and then have the extra calories do what they are suppose to do, just burn. I am attempting to move towards a small goal each week to help aide in this whole journey. I figured the best small goal for this week would be to not eat the extra calories that I burn. To help me with this I am not logging my calories from exercise until I am going to bed and have brushed my teeth, hence not tempted to eat those calories. So here's to this weeks goal, next week I will check back in with how I did!
 
For now it's pajama day here in nanny world as I have a child home with pink eye (yuck!).
 
Jenny
 

9 comments:

  1. Welcome to Weigh In Wednesday! I love Hibatchi and very rarely leave anything on my plate, I'm one of those who eats cause it tastes good!

    Keep up with the small goals, they really help you improve overall.

    MamaB
    Mamas-Losing-It.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. welcome to Weigh in Wednesday! Congrats on your loss this week....any loss is a good loss! I too love Pinterest, but I find it makes me HUNGRY!! Too many tempting looking desserts. That is a good point about not eating what you burn....although on workout days I'M SO HUNGRY. (who am I kidding, every day I am hungry!)

      Delete
  2. I read that article too. Some good information. I was amazed when I started using fitnesspal at how many calories I was actually eating a day. Looking forward to the next 5!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I am from ATL too! How tall are you?? I love new machines at the gym!! haha. And I try to eat 1700 calories no matter how many I burn.... It keeps me in track...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Weigh In Wednesday!
    Ellipticals are my fav. workout machines!
    Congrats on your weight loss!

    XO
    Lacey @ CHARM + Sass

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job having a loss! MFP is so helpful in holding ourselves accountable, I know I'd be lost without you! Thanks so much for joining the link-up this week, I look forward to following along in your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for your first WIW post! See what an amazing community is out there of fellow weight-loss bloggers?! I love it.

    And I am right there with you about eating back my exercise calories. It's only been in the past 2 or 3 weeks that I've really started really trying to stay under my actual calorie goal, and not my total goal after exercise. And I really think that's been helping me. What's the point of working out and burning 750+ calories on a run and zumba, if I then decide to eat a 1200+ calorie dinner of wings and fries? No point at all...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to Weigh In Wed!!!! :) I love supporting people. Congrats on the loss!! You got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to Weigh in Wednesday! Congrats on the loss!

    I love MFP! It is a great way to stay accountable!

    Jess
    Operation Skinny Jeans

    ReplyDelete