Friday, January 27, 2012

The basics of my new job.

To say that I have the best job in the world is an understatement. Ever since I was a little girl, I knew that I wanted to be a mom, I guess that's why my bachelors degree is in Teaching because it was just about as close to being a mom that I could get with going to college. In my last semester at Flagler College only about three weeks before graduation I realized that I was not going to teach right away as I had planned on doing. I have come to find that I cannot make plans considering I am not the one in control of my life.  I decided that the best route for me to take at such a young age getting ready to venture into real life full force was to be a nanny, because lets face it, I knew that I could do it and that I would be really good at it. At that moment I began my search to find the perfect family to work for in Atlanta since that's where I was going to be moving shortly after graduation. I went to the source that had worked for me many times before, sittercity.com and care.com. (Both really good websites if you are looking to babysit/nanny!) I saw tons of families in the area we were looking at moving and so I started to send out my cover letter and applications to about 6 or so families oping that one would respond back. Knowing and trusting that God would provide the perfect job I just sat back and waited and waited and waited, but in his perfect timing a father of three beautiful children called me. We chatted for a while and then he conference called in his lovely wife and we chatted and set up an interview while I would be up there looking for apartments. To make a long story short I interviewed with the mom at their beautiful home and the next day was called and told that I was the one they wanted to join their family.  So my job, full time nanny, 8am to 6pm Monday through Friday for the wonderful Furr family who have three beautiful children. AG is 7 and in 2nd grade, she does NOT like princesses and prefers spiderman and anything not girly. SL is 5 years old and will start kindergarten in the fall she is ALL princess and girl and loves to wear dresses, basically a girl after my own heart. She actually reminds me a lot of my sister Jessi which is nice since I live far away now. And finally last but not least mister WJ who is 4 and all boy except for the occasional day SL wants him to play dress up with her.  My job duties include, loving the children with all of my heart, keeping them safe, making sure they have fun, and then on the side, laundry, taking them to and from Karate, and homework help. Basically I am being paid to be a part time mom, which is the best because at the end of the day I can leave them and not worry.  I really love my job and am so blessed that the Lord has placed this in my path. Hopefully this will be a job that I can be with for the long run until either one of us decide it's time for a change.  Hope you enjoy this blog we do some interesting stuff and with kids you really never know what each day is going to be like! Jenny

1 comment: