Saturday, January 28, 2012

Let it snow, Let is snow, Let it snow.

Let it Snow For the past week I have had the pleasure of joining the family in Beaver Creek, CO for their winter vacation. I didn't think I would be coming on this trip because a set of grandparents were to be coming but that fell through and I got the slot. It's been rather cold here averaging in the 20s and 30s but I have loved it. It has snowed a lot too probably about 20 inches the whole time we have been here. Some of you may ask what does a nanny do on vacation? Well basically I am an extra set of hands and here just in case the parents need some alone time. I do most everything they do which means some amazing things like tubing, dogsledding, and riding up a mountain at night to have dinner in a very nice cabin!  Yesterday was our last full day here in Beaver Creek. The plan was for everyone to go skiing but we woke up and it had snowed about 7 inches and we couldn't see the top of the mountain so they decided it would be best if they didn't ski. This was a good decision considering mom and one of the kids slept till like ten and if you ski you go early like 8:30-9:00. So we had a lazy morning and then went to lunch at The Chophouse, which had the most decadent carrot cake ever, the dad and I split a slice and neither of us could finish our half.  We walked around the village for a while and the kids got this snowball make, needless to say they didn't have any mittens on so we had to put boundaries on using it. After we walked around for a while we decided to head back to the hotel and get the kids suited up so they could actually go play in the snow. I got the job of toting them downstairs to play but luckily there were some chairs right inside by the window so I could see everything. I took the book I am reading, "The Help" and read a good two or three chapters while the kids played for about an hour. Once we got everyone upstairs we had to get ready for dinner which was going to be a buffet but that was all I knew oh and that it was casual which was a change considering we have had upscale most of the trip, something I was not accustomed to. We all got ready and were out of the door on time for the first time the whole trip! We took the twenty minute bus ride to the middle of no where Colorado and were at a ranch. I was happy figuring that there would be some soulful food I had been missing, and there sure was, ribs, chili, Mac and cheese, salad, bread. Good stuff. The night consisted of horse drawn sleigh rides under the stars which were so bright and vast it looked like a planetarium and I knew how delighted God was that I was delighted in his creation. We ended the night with s'mores and the bus ride back in which the man behind me talked about Sasquach or as he called him "The Squatch" the whole way back, definitely made for some entertainment.  Today we get on a plane for Atlanta and I am so ready to be back in my apartment! Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment