Monday, May 6, 2013

Rain Rain Go Away.

I have come to the realization that I cannot do the things I use to do. Like stay up past midnight every night of the week and expect to have enough energy to do all the things I need to during the day. This weekend has just flown by like crazy and as I look back on this blog and when I started to really buckle down and start posting often I see how fast time truly flies.

Linking up again with Sami over at Sami's Shenanigans for me Weekend Wrap Up :)


Friday night I got off of work and went to hang out with my friend Kirsten who lives on my way home from work, so convenient. We went to a burger place and I ordered a grilled chicken sand which and some fries. After I sat down and was half way through my plate it hit me....I gave up fries for the week. I looked at my plate then looked up at Kirsten and her sister Savannah and said, crap! I can't believe I forgot about this. I was a little upset with myself but just realized that it was a simple mistake that was not to be repeated. After dinner we went to a few shops and found these awesome glasses, which I of course had to buy and wear out of the store. I have since worn them quite often and have gotten a ton of compliments on them :)



















I went home to go run an errand for my roomie and then headed to bed early to get ready for her birthday the next day, which you can read all about here. (It was amazing, check out the post there was a lot of fun things throughout the day)

Sunday was just as much fun as it was Cinco De Mayo. I was at church in the morning, which I love and am so honored to be able to serve. I work with a little boy who has Autism and my friend Andrew helps me with him. He had a fantastic day at church and was laughing many times while we played different games with the ball, nothing like the laughter of a child to completely make you smile.

After church I headed to my friend Kirsten's house because I was going out with her and a few friends for Cinco De Mayo dinner at a restaurant she frequents. Before hand we ate this fantastic vanilla gelato she had bought, I am not an ice cream fan but this stuff was delicious!



At the restaurant I had the shrimp tacos and a small plate of rice and beans. They gave us free hats and sunglasses and we were all very happy.






It was raining all day long and so I put my hair in braids, cause ain't no body got time to do hair that will get ruined in the rain.









Then we took a quick trip to Trader Joes to get some snackage to go back to her house and watch a movie, we usually do this every Sunday night and it is quite enjoyable. I usually end up asleep on the couch 15 minutes into the movie and wake up as the credits are rolling ready to head home, it's just what I do. We watched Hope Springs and I stayed up for the whole thing and liked it a little bit, not as good as I felt it could have been, but not the worst I have seen. Then we popped in Enchanted which is when I fell asleep and then got up during the credits. After some more laughing and talking I finally left and went home to get some sleep.

This week is going to be crazy busy, my boss is out of town for work and we have field day for everyone. I got to get ready for my beach trip to St Augustine this upcoming weekend with my friend Kirsten, we just need a weekend to get away. We are however going to drive down and take my sisters to dinner and I am really excited to see them as the last time was Christmas.

Operation Skinny Jeans

Alrighty weekly goals, let's see.....

1. No french fries - Well except for my snafoo at the burger joint where I had a complete lapse in judgement, I did not have any other french fries. so I would say 80% success.

2. Track Everything I put in my mouth - Nope. Not even close. It was a crazy week for sure and I got NO sleep so I was thrown off entirely.

3. Walk 3-5 Miles a day - again no bueno. I guess rains for like 3 days straight will do that to you...or lack of sleep to give you the energy you need.

SO I am pretty much 0 for 3....yikes. Let's set some new ones for this week.

1. Get More Sleep - I need to remember that I cannot work 50 hours a week and get only 5-6 hours of sleep at night and expect to be functioning especially if I am attempting to work out 1 hour a day. I need to hit the sack a little earlier.

2. Do the next three workouts on Ease into 5K - I stopped for some reason, not because I was doing it wrong or anything, just becuase of the time and the weather and my sleeping schedule, so I want to do the next three workouts this week.

3. Don't get TOO crazy on vacation this weekend - This is just a reminder that I need to remember to still stay on top of it even though I am headed to the beach and back to the city I love with tons of food I adore. I just need to stay on track.

Still trucking along, I got on the scale this morning and the damage from birthday weekend was not as bad as it could have been but I need to buckle down these next two days to get ready for Weigh In Wednesday, I want to report a loss 2 weeks in a row so badly. Not to mention my prize envelopes are taunting me and I really want to open 10lbs and I am not where close but can be if I work hard and I will!!

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment