Monday, November 18, 2013

The Calm Before the Storm

This weekend was relatively calm and next weekend is suppose to be as well, which I desperately need considering that when Thanksgiving hits its gonna be crazy.

Over the week I made some delicious Banana Bread in cute mini loaf pans, you can check them out here!



My friend Kristi and I went to see Thor 2 which was really good. Studio Movie Grill is a dine in theater that the kids and I frequent just because it's that much easier to feed them while we are watching a movie. I never saw the first Thor so I was a little confused but got the gist of the movie and was really impressed. We had a great time and I mean come on...this guy....I swoon.


Saturday morning I attempted to clean my room which basically means I did all my laundry and put it away. I was able to clean all of my sheets and comforters as well though so I feel a little accomplished. While cleaning I always find interesting things and one of them was a book my mom kept all my grade school years and put my pictures and achievements in. I cam across this picture....

 
Oh yes. 4th grade prime. The bib dress. The Pony Tail. The hair all over the place. I had it going on.
The rest of the day was spent with my roommate Lindsey, we went to lunch with her boyfriend Braden at the new restaurant he is serving at called Common Quarter and it was good. I had the grass fed burger and I am realizing more and more how much free range and grass fed meats just taste better.

We ended up at Walmart later that day to get a "few things" and ended up spending about an hour and half wondering around and looking at many things we didn't need. I did end up finding though a basket to hold my new cookbooks that I found at Goodwill and an owl lamp to put in our living room.



On our way home from Walmart I happened upon a Subway with a drive thru.....crazy, yet amazing!


Of course and a picture of us in the car waiting to get my dinner.


Sunday I went to Passion for my last Sunday there. I have been attending there for almost two years and recently God has called me to another church called The Square. I loved my time at Passion and was so blessed to have the opportunity to serve there. Now it's time for a new adventure. The Square is a church plant and we meet in a garage for now but I know the Lord has such big plans for it. I didn't really tell many people at Passion because I didn't want it to be a big deal but my friend Miranda who works with the little boy that I worked with brought me flowers and some chocolates. It was such a bittersweet day. We started the children's ministry at the new church last night and it was just God closing one door and opening another. I am beyond blessed.

Today the kids and I are going to make some homemade butter and bread....mmm.

Have a great Monday!

Jenny

Linking up today with Weekend Shenanigans!


Sami's Shenanigans

No comments:

Post a Comment