Monday, November 18, 2013

Mini Banana Bread

A few weeks ago my rooms asked me if I could make some banana bread because she had some left over bananas. At the time I didn't have all of the ingredients and I didn't want to go to the store.

A couple weekends ago while spending time with my kiddos we went to Michaels where I found some awesome Mini-Loaf Pans. They were only $1.25 with sales and coupons. So I got 6 naturally. I knew I wanted to make some mini breads and I figured banana would be the best.

Mini Banana Breads

Dry Ingredients
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour

Wet Ingredients
1 stick butter
2 eggs, slightly beaten
3 large, ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup buttermilk

Makes 4 mini loaves

Preheat oven to 350

I didn't have any ripe bananas but I really wanted to make this bread so I took four bananas and put them on a pan in the oven at 350 for an hour. The bananas will turn completely black on the outside but in the end they will be ripe and ready for bread.

 
If you have ripe bananas though use those things!
 
Next take the butter and sugar and cream them together.
 

Add the eggs, bananas and buttermilk. (I just put my bananas in because I like my banana bread a little chunky, if you want it smooth make sure you mash them up well)




Then add in all of the dry ingredients.


Then prepare your four mini loaf pans. I like to use Crisco so that at the end those breads come right out, but you can use some cooking spray as well.



Fill up those pans by dividing the batter between the four pans.


Cook them for about 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick or fork or knife come out clean.


Let them cool a bit then you can pop them out and put on a cooling rack. They are good to go after that you can eat them warm like I did!


Just make sure you watch out for little puppies who are tempted by the delicious smelling banana breads, because if you leave the room for a second they might attempt to help themselves. (And they might actually get a piece)


Super simple and super yummy!!!

Jenny






No comments:

Post a Comment