Monday, August 26, 2013

Pre Fall Baking - Butter Crumble Apple Pie

I needed to bake this reason, like really needed to, not a want but a need.

So I did! My first ever apple pie. I got my recipe here at The Country Cook which I have found as such a cute blog, and followed along exactly to get one amazing pie!


This is another of my pre-fall baking projects as I get ready to tackle the list that I have. At the top you can click my Fall Baking List section to see what else I have done and what my plan is for the Fall, September 1st is only 6 days away, so I am getting mentally prepared. Luckily with the best roommate ever, I am  putting up fall decorations here and there every day. She constantly comes out and goes "what did you add today?" She is a great sport though.


With that being said here is the Butter Crumble Apple Pie.

Ingredients 
 
1 (9inch) pre made pie crust or make your own. I used this recipe here.
 
Filling:
6 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1/4 cup All-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
 
Butter Crumble:
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 stick butter room temperature
 
I use the recipe she had linked for the pie crust on the bottom, it's super simple, but I think my next pie I am going to attempt to use a crust with butter, it just makes it that much better.


I squished that thing to the best of my ability and couldn't for some reason get the crust to do a little crimping at the top so I just left it as is. Put it in the fridge to let it set while you do the next step.

 Then I took the 6 apples peeled them and then cut around the corn and sliced them into thin slices, and added the cinnamon, sugar, and flour.

 
Then I poured the batch of apples into the pie pan and made sure it all laid as flat as I could get it. 


Then I made the crumble with the flour, butter, and sugar (man what a combination) and spread it all over the top.


Put it in the preheated oven for 45 minutes grab a mason jar with some lemonade and enjoy a good book or tv show while your house starts to smell soooooo divine.

Pull that joker our and just marvel at the beauty of all your hard work.

 
Not gonna lie when I was doing this I was so nervous that it wasn't going to turn out good. I ate a slice with some vanilla ice cream about an hour later and it was really good, my roommate liked it as well and so did her boyfriend, so it was definitely a successful baking item for the fall!

Don't forget to pin my Fall Baking List Pin and this new pin for the pie!

Jenny

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! I love fall, it's my favorite time of year. I can't wait to get snuggled in my home with the smell of pumpkin candles going and fall baking in the oven. This post definitely put me in the mood.

    ReplyDelete