Friday, February 7, 2014

5 on Friday Olympic Edition!

Last night started one of my most favorite times of every even year! The Olympics!!!! There is just something so patriotic and just plain awesome about the Olympics. I have downloaded my apps and have set my TV to full coverage for the next few days.

I have a twitter but don't use it too much, when it comes to the Olympics though it's one of my favorite places to be. Nothing like a good laugh from what some of these people are tweeting. My roommate and I have also decided to live tweet while watching the Olympics. You can follow her at @lindseydedge and me at @jennylynn4930 and our hashtag is #landjtweettheolympics

Last night was spent watching a lot of the pre-qualifying stuff for figure skating, slope style snowboarding, and the Moguls. Let me just say a few things. 1. I wish I was as cool as the snow boarders. They are so cool from their outfits to their names to their looks.... I'll just leave that there. 2. My knees are still hurting from watching those girls do the moguls going downhill. Just ouch. I pray for their safety every time they go down.



So in honor of that I have decided to share my 5 favorite tweets that I found from last night!

1. Yes.... this is so true. I watched the Super Bowl and was less than enthused, but these Olympic commercials are making cry and clap at the same time!



2. This one was just too funny not to post. I read it to my roommate and we both just cracked up.



3. It's amazing how much we feel like we are experts in the sports when they come on. I am the same way talking terms I have never heard before in my life...true story.



4. This is sooooo true. It should be a timed event, and there should be categories based on size. I am sure I would take the Gold for size "really big". 



5. I have seen all the stuff surrounding the conditions there and then watching Bob Costas have that eye infection this was just icing on the cake!




What are your favorite sports in the winter Olympics? Will you be glued to the TV as well?

Happy Friday!

Jenny

1 comment:

  1. what did you make of the opening ceremony? I wasn't that impressed

    ReplyDelete