Monday, October 28, 2013

Pumpkin Pancakes

My super wonderful awesome friend Abby came to visit this past weekend and we sure did have a blast. Abby came down from North Carolina and then we found out that Lindsey's (my roommate) sister, Sydney and her boyfriend Tyler would be coming up from Florida to visit for the weekend. It sure was a fun and busy weekend. I decided that on Saturday morning I would cook a nice breakfast for everyone before we all set out on different adventures.

The Fall weather is finally in full effect here and it is getting colder and colder every day! I decided that I would make some Pumpkin Pancakes which also happens to be on my Fall Baking List!!


Dry Ingredients:
2cup flour
3 Tbs brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Wet Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 eggs
2 Tbs vegetable oil
2 Tbs vinegar
In one bowl mix together all of the wet ingredients....mine happened to look like it had eyes when I put them all in the bowl.

 

Then in another bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients.


After you have both mixed together, stir in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until it has a wet consistency which will look like pancake mix.




Then heat your lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.

Using a 1/4 cup pour the batter onto the pan or griddle, the batter is a little bit more thick then some pancake batter but it's ok I promise!



After about 1-2 minutes you can flip the pancakes and cook them again. I like to use a lower setting and cook them longer to keep them from burning. They get a nice brown on each side and the house will smell pretty good.


I got about 12-15 pancakes out of my batch and we had some left over so we put them in the fridge and Lindsey's boyfriend ate them as left overs the next day.

They were delicious and a welcomed part of the big breakfast that we had.


Orange juice, bacon, cheesy eggs, fruit, and pumpkin pancakes with syrup...my mouth is watering and it's lunch time right now haha.

I will hopefully be posting again later today on my super fun weekend with Abby.

Have a great Monday!

Jenny



No comments:

Post a Comment