Friday, October 4, 2013

Welcoming Fall - Weekly Catch Up

I am now about 36 hours away from one of the things I have been most excited about in a long time.

I have decided to host a Welcome Fall Party this year at our tiny apartment to allow all the people who ooh and ahh over my baked goods on Instagram and Facebook to actually try them in person. Making an appearance at the party will be Cinnamon Pumpkin Pull apart Bread, Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies, Apple Dumplings, and Apple Pie. This is something I hope will be an annual thing and that it gets more grander every year. My roomie Linds and I have many a different friend group and this is the first time we are merging them all to meet and we cannot be more excited.

Anyways this week has been pretty bleh but I'm linking up again.


1. So my dear friend Abby is a Southern Girl, and I love that about her and we can both act southern around each other and love it and not feel ashamed. Hence comes in the Country Living Fair. It is only hosted in three places in the US and one happens to be in Stone Mountain, Georgia which is only 45  minutes from my house. She had mentioned a long time ago wanting to go and while most people forget, not this girl. So I got her and I tickets as a part of her going away present when she left St Augustine for North Carolina to do Seminary. So excited to do this in a few weeks!

 
2. Can we talk about this crazy head, I have been fighting a cold all week so this kid has been resting with me which includes laying in crazy positions like this. I love him none the less.
 
 
3. When we first moved up to Atlanta I got sick when the weather went from cold to warm, well now its going form warm to cold and I find myself sick. It's a pretty predictable pattern and you can ask anyone who has ever lived with me. Anyways I bought this humidifier and vapor machine back in the day and still pull it out to breath in some Vicks when I am not feeling well. Sitting over this thing for 10 minutes does wonders and allows me to breath.
 
 
4. As I have been getting prepared for our Welcome Fall Party, I was in Joanns and got some wood and chalkboard paint to work on something to put on all the different plates and then noticed these two blank chalkboards and decided to pick them up and do something with. And I know my apostrophe is in the wrong place on y'all but it's chalk so a little swipe and fix and it's all good.
 
 
5. Trying to get ahead of the game when it comes to the fall party I decided to pre-make the Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookie dough to keep in the fridge. I am baking them tonight so that will be one less thing to do tomorrow before the event. Luckily I am not a huge cookie dough fan so this is not a major temptation to me.
 

Now it's back to organizing and trimming videos of the nanny family. Luckily it doesn't force me to do anything since my cold has now turned into a nasty cough and I sound like I have been smoking my whole life.

Jenny
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment